Dear Prospective McNair Scholars,
The University of California Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program (a.k.a McNair) invites you to submit an application for their 2021-22 cohort. This year we will recruit 28 to 30 qualified undergraduate students who are committed to pursuing a doctoral degree in fields in science, technology, engineering, social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences.
- Must be available to conduct research full-time in Summer 2022
- Must be interested in obtaining a Ph.D. degree
- Must have completed more than 60 units by January 2022
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 by the end of Fall 2021
- Must be either: 1) a low-income and first-generation college student
- Must be either a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- Must be enrolled at UC Berkeley during Spring 2021
- Must be available to do full-time research in Summer 2021
If you have checked all the boxes above, then you are eligible to apply to become
a McNair Scholar.
Please download the application at our website, review it, and fill it out. The deadline to submit the application is October 1, 2021, at 12:00 noon. Below is a list of informational workshops you can attend to learn more about the application process. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Juan Francisco Esteva Martínez, Director
• McNair Scholars Program Application Informational Session I, Friday, Sept. 3rd, 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Meeting ID: 993 4699 2380
• McNair Scholars Program Application Informational Session II, Thursday, Sept. 9th, 10:30-12:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 939 4076 8300
• McNair Scholars Program Application Informational Session III, Wednesday, Sept. 15th, 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Meeting ID: 962 8691 2371
• McNair Scholars Program Application Informational Session IV, Tuesday, Sept. 21st, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Meeting ID: 941 9393 8512
• McNair Scholars Program Application Informational Session V, Monday, Sept. 27th, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 964 7241 8645