Published each July, the Ronald E. McNair Symposium Journal celebrates the outstanding research of McNair Scholars who have participated in the annual summer symposium hosted by the University of California, Berkeley. Following the symposium, McNair Program Directors from all participating colleges and universities are invited to nominate two scholars’ papers for publication in the Ronald E. McNair Symposium Journal the following summer. By bringing together examples of the cutting-edge research presented by McNair Scholars at our symposium, we hope to highlight the current contributions being made by undergraduate researchers from across the country that stand as testament to Dr. Ron McNair’s continuing legacy.
Please note that papers must be approved and nominated by the McNair Program Director at the scholar’s home institution. Each McNair Program is eligible to nominate a maximum of two papers to be considered for publication.
- Must be a participant of the Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program
- Must have presented at the National Ronald E. McNair Scholars Symposium held at the University of California, Berkeley
- Must have conducted an original research project
- Must have the paper edited, reviewed, and approved by a faculty mentor and program director at the scholar’s home institution
- Must be one (of no more than two) nominees from the McNair Program Director at the scholar’s home institution
Please see the Submission Guidelines for more information or contact:
Karina R. Palau, PhD
McNair Research Coordinator
University of California, Berkeley